Crystal Coast Realty & Home Services Vacation Rental Agreement
A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT (NCVRA), THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICITON OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE AGREEMENT OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED BINDING UNTIL SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED CRYSTAL COAST REALTY & HOME SERVICES AGENT.
This Vacation Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) entered by and between Crystal Coast Realty & Home Services (“Agent”) for the Owner of the Property referred to hereafter as “Owner” and the undersigned “Guest”, whether one or more, in consideration of the mutual covenants and conditions herein, the Agent, solely on behalf of the Owner, does hereby lease and rent to the Tenant the Property at [Name of Rental Property] in the following terms and conditions in addition to the confirmation provisions here and on the VRBO, AirBnB and/or the www.crystalcoastncbeachrentals.com website.
ADDITIONAL TERMS OF YOUR VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR 2023/2024 RESERVATIONS:
1. FIRST PAYMENT: If you consent to the terms of this Agreement, we require the first payment to be paid upon making the reservation. The First Payment is 50% of the base rent, plus the reservation fee, and the cleaning fee. Travel Insurance Premium (if purchased) is paid separately directly to the Travel Insurance Company (see paragraph #4). If your Check-In date is less than 30 days from the date you are making the reservation, full payment is required. The balance is due 30 days prior to the arrival date (see paragraph 3 of this agreement for Cancellation Terms). Customers without access to fax or email may have an Agreement sent via US Mail, however, your payment is still required at the time the property is reserved. This Agreement will need to be returned; however, payment of the rental is confirmation that you accept the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
2. FINAL PAYMENT: Your balance due and due date will be included on your receipt confirmation when booking through VRBO/AirBnB. If booking through our www.crystalcoastncbeachrentals.com website, our booking agent will provide you with your balance due and due dated. All reservations must be paid in full within 30 days prior to the arrival date (See paragraph 3 of the agreement for cancellation terms) by using either the VRBO or AirBnB websites (if you booked your property via VRBO or AirBnB) or with instructions provided to you by our booking agent. Final Payment will include remaining Rent Balance, any optional rental items and Taxes. Crystal Coast Realty & Home Services will place your reservation payments in a trust account at First Citizens Bank, located in Cape Carteret, NC. The Tenant agrees to the advance disbursement of rents to the Owner prior to occupancy (not to exceed fifty percent (50%) of the base rent) and disbursement of fees to Agent to pay for goods, services or benefits secured for the Tenant prior to occupancy.
3. CANCELLATION TERMS: Should Guest have to cancel for any reason, please notify Crystal Coast Realty & Home Services immediately either in writing (FAX: (252)627-9355/email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through the VRBO or AirBnB websites. Guests who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get 100% of amount they paid (minus the Reservation fee). If Guest cancels between 30 and 60 days, Guest will get back 50% of amount paid. Otherwise, Guest will not get a refund. No refunds will be given due to early check-out, utility outages, malfunctioning of appliances, equipment, or maintenance issues. Guest is responsible for contacting the Travel Insurance Company for a refund of monies paid toward purchasing Travel Insurance. Please refer to the site that you booked with for Travel Insurance Company contact information or see Paragraph 4.
4. TRAVEL INSURANCE: We strongly recommend Guests to consider purchasing travel insurance. We strongly recommend it to cover your investment should you have to cancel your reservation plans, but please note the coverage is limited. If you choose to decline travel insurance, please initial where indicated on the Agreement, but remember, refunds will not be given in the event of unforeseen cancellations. This includes Hurricane evacuations. VRBO offers Travel Insurance at the time of booking your reservation as well as prior to your final payment (www.insuremytrip.com). If you did not use VRBO to book your reservation – you may purchase Travel insurance through the Red Sky Travel Insurance website by going to www.redskyinsurance.com and click on the Trip Preserver Link.
a. EVACUATIONS: Per N.C.G.S. 42A-36: A vacation rental tenant who is occupying or plans to occupy a vacation rental property located in an area in which a mandatory evacuation has been ordered must evacuate and refrain from occupying the vacation rental property until the mandatory evacuation has been lifted. Under such conditions, evacuation by all personas is required: it is not optional. Agent reserves the right to prepare property during your occupancy for impending danger at their discretion to include but not limited to installation of storm shutters and securing all outdoor items. Travel Insurance does not provide coverage for voluntary evacuations, storm warnings, or watches.
5. CHECK IN/CHECK OUT:
a. CHECK-IN is 3PM on SUNDAY(DATE). CHECK-OUT is 10AM on SUNDAY(DATE), unless other dates have been arranged with Crystal Coast Realty & Home Services, Check-In instructions will be emailed to you prior to your arrival. We will provide you instructions for access to the complex as well as for a Keypad Code to get you into the unit. If you should have any questions, you may contact our Property Manager: Christine Britten at (252)723-8764 or Holly Simmons at (920)737-2698.
b. DEPARTURE DUTIES: Guest must leave property in an orderly condition per the Property Departure Checklist which includes all dishes washed and put away, all food removed from refrigerator, all trash removed from home, all linens removed from beds. Failure to abide by this provision will result in extra cleaning charges charged to tenant. Comforters, blankets, and decorative accessories must be placed on the beds. Used towels, washcloths and kitchen linens must be placed in the washing machine prior to departure. Unit Key and Gate Card returned to lockbox. There is a $50 charge per missing key and/or gate card.
6. DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY: Guest is responsible for immediately reporting any property damage to the Agent. Some charges may also apply if departure procedures are not followed. A damage deposit may be required as part of your online booking and will be refunded within 7 days if the house is left in satisfactory condition. We may file with AirCover (AirBnB host protection program) to collect monies for damages & excessive cleaning fees.
7. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and Agent from any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connections with Guests’ use and occupancy of the Premises including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, damage or theft of property which is caused, made, incurred or sustained by Guest as a result of any case, unless caused by the grossly negligent or willful act of Agent or Owner.
8. PARKING: Parking is limited at most properties. No more than 2 cars per rental unit are allowed. Obey all parking area signage and be respectful of owner-reserved parking areas.
9. GRILLING is not permitted on the balcony of any unit. There are communal grilling areas throughout the complex.
10. PET POLICY: This is a (YES/NO) PET Property. Any guest bringing an unauthorized pet into the property will be evicted without a refund and we will charge an additional $300 fee to the guests form of payment on file.
11. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS/DISCLOSURES
a. Rearranging the furniture is not permitted nor is moving indoor furniture outside.
b. Local telephone service is not provided
c. Wireless Internet is provided by the Property Owner. Please note: Refunds will NOT be given for internet service outages. Guests expressly assume all risk and responsibility for the use of the internet Service.
d. NO SMOKING OF ANY KIND PERMITED IN THE UNIT: Guest will be held liable for extra cleaning charges and for damages involved in smoking inside the property. An extra cleaning charge will be automatically billed and cleaning fees start at 25% of the base rent and may exceed based on the damage to the property.
12. RECREATIONAL AMENITIES: Tenant acknowledges that the use of any recreational amenities such as the complex pools, tennis courts, etc. is “At Your Own Risk”. Agent and Owner are not liable for any damages or bodily harm incurred with tenants’ use of recreational amenities. Guest understands that there is no insurance of any type of on these recreational amenities. Guests also agree to pay for any damage done to these recreational amenities.
13. DISPUTES: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina and shall be treated as though it were executed in the County of Carteret, State of North Carolina. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Carteret County Superior Court, North Carolina.